Deciding to do a vasectomy is a very important decision to make for any man. But asking a few questions yourself before making any decision can help you decide whether you are a right candidate and ready for vasectomy or not. Try the following questions and see how ready you are for vasectomy?
- Have you completed your family?
- Are you looking for a permanent method of family planning?
- Do you want to enjoy sex without worrying about pregnancy?
- Are you in a stable relationship with your partner/wife?
- Have you discussed with your partner/wife that you are considering getting a vasectomy?
- Does your partner/wife still want children or unsure of it?
- Does your partner/wife have issues using other methods of contraception?
- Did your partner/wife have a difficult delivery and doctors have advised her not to get pregnant again?
- Are you aware that vasectomy is a permanent method and chances of reversal is not good?
- You do not have any children and you and your partner/wife have decided not to have children?
- You are aware that vasectomy has much lower risk of failure than your partner/wife getting her tubes tied?
In short, if you have completed your family and you and your partner are looking for a permanent method of contraception, vasectomy is a right choice for you.